TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Same idle issue for YEARS and still can't figure it out...
People Seeking Info

Subject Same idle issue for YEARS and still can't figure it out...

Posted by BigDinNoCo on September 27, 2023 at 2:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 272 times.

Message I've owned my Z since 2000 and I can't remember exactly when this issue started, but it's been a LOOOOONG time. I've read every post regarding high idle issues & I've literally replaced EVERYTHING I can think of. All fuel lines & filter, air regulator, entire IACV OEM, brand new that was $1,000!! I love driving it as long as the outside temp is under 80. Any higher than that the idle while coming to a stop will either drop to almost dying when I put the clutch in, or when stopped it will idle at around 1300 until I give it a bit of real quick throttle, then it settles back at 750. Just feels sluggish and is annoying. Once it's hot, but sitting for an hour or so, when I start it up it revs just barely enough to keep it running and it takes a while to start idling properly. High idle on startup typically as well. This issue has lasted through total engine rebuilds as well! I have deleted the PCV's and I've had blowoff valves for ages. Those are the only 2 things that I can think could possibly still be the problem. I'm just so tired of it & I'd love to hear some advice on how people have solved this. Thanks for reading.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.